Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Tis' The Season For Crafty Goodness

It's that time of year, beautiful colors all around us in nature, rosie cheeks, and cool pink noses (for me atleast). Craft fairs are also popping up all over the place everywhere you turn, I've been trying to participate in as many as I can and have been attending those that are all booked up. Recently found some nice little goodies at one that was held at a local church. We had the best pickles I have tasted since I was a child and a trip to the Co-Op was like visiting a candy store for me, My mother would buy me a yummy Dill Pickle from the great big jar they always had sitting on the front counter. Anyway the second I tried these pickles I knew I wasn't going home until I got a jar for myself and you know what I bought 2 of her large jars and took her card!

There was also a woman selling her fused glass products, she did amazing work and had some really great prices. I had so much trouble picking out a necklace pendant, I had to set my limit at just one because I am trying to save my money. So I purchased a very stunning blue/green glass pendant now all I need to do is get a suitable necklace to put it on and I'm golden. Other things I got were pomegranates, and a very pretty bright colored set of embroidered dish towels. There were many treasures there and so much to choose from, it was very hard.

All the venders at these craft fairs are awesome! They are so friendly and helpful and really great to just hang out with. You really shouldn't go to a craft fair (as a vender anyway) only expecting to make a quick buck because that kind of attitdude just takes all the fun and excitement out of it and noone wants to visit your table. The last thing on my mind at a craft fair is making a sell, and you what I do and thats great but I'm really there to meet new people and build relationships with fellow artists and crafters. So far I have met alot of people and made alot of friends and that more important to me then any sell, even though making some money is really good. Sells are really just the yummy iceing on an already scrumptious cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment