Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday - The Madness

Oh The Horror!
While at work today I heard from one of our regulars that someone was pepper sprayed in walmart over a pillow form........ A pillow form! You have got to kidding me. What are we? I am very proud to say that I have never gone out shopping on "Black Friday" I don't care how great the "deals" are, is it really worth my sanity? NO!!

I am so thankful I work in a craft store, and not somewhere like Wal-Mart or even a grocery store. I read about a Wal-Mart seasonal employee who was trampled to death by what I am going to reffer to as wild animals on Black Friday. Trampled to death! A man lost his life as a temporary employee in a Wal-Mart store, what does that say about our society? Given it was years ago, but still. That is so sad and just wrong on so many levels.
Thankfully we did not have to deal with much anything today, our shoppers are sane and know how to control themselves. The register line was backed up halfway through our store down the main aisle, and there was 3 of us at hte registers. The line was like that for almost 2 hours, the cutting counter was so bad you couldn't get around (I couldn't get around). And behind the cutting counter, the store was so busy we had 4 of our fabric carts piled high plus 2 H-carts and there was fabric all over the floor. I am so glad I didn't have to close last night, I can't imagine how much there was to put away by the time they closed the doors. I was out of there at 3pm, I wanted to buy some rotary blades but there was no way in the world I was staying in the store any longer than I had to.

For those of you who did your shopping, I hope it was worth it!

Now I get to feed myself to the lions again, my shift today is 11-7......still better than closing but, ugh! Happy Holidays to everyone, I hope this season is good to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment